The NMBS Exhibition has become one of the most prestigious and most anticipated events on the merchant calendar.
The day is renowned for its on-the-day exclusive deals, and the ability to network with suppliers, influencers, and old and new friends in the merchant sector. And who can forget the Gala Dinner - always held the night before the exhibition to get everyone in the mood!
Interested in working in the Merchant sector? Find out more >>
Last year’s show was recognised as the biggest and best in its near fifty year history. The event attracted 906 merchant visitors and in excess of 250 NMBS suppliers took advantage of the opportunity to appear at the show, with all exhibitors offering additional rebate as well as incentives such as spot buy opportunities to encourage trading.
Visitors were also able to benefit from further discounts and deals, as well as free product giveaways thanks to initiatives like the ever-popular NMBS Voucher Book. All told, the 2016 Exhibition broke records for both the number and the value of orders placed on the day.
NMBS EXHIBITION IN NUMBERS
- Over 260 Exhibitors
- Over 850 Delegates attended
- 92% rated the exhibition as Excellent or Good
- 91% rated the location Ricoh Arena as Excellent or Good
- 63% of members increased the number/value of orders
- 56% of suppliers saw an increase in the number of orders placed on the day
- 92% of suppliers see meeting new customers as a high priority
- 16% of members placed over 50 orders on the day
- 98% of those who attended in 2016 will attend in 2017
NMBS MD Chris Hayward said at the time: “Every year the NMBS Exhibition continues to surpass expectation and we’re delighted that this year’s event has maintained that tradition. We’ve had highly positive feedback from both our members and suppliers with most exhibitors commenting on how consistently busy they were from the moment the doors opened to when the show closed.”